Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Anxiety - the city of Hopelessville

Oh Girlfriend! 


 I wanted to talk a little bit today about anxiety.  So many women do experience this at one time or another, but for some it can be a debilitating season of life.  For some reason I went to Hopelessville and had a major darkness of depression and anxiety in my life for about 4 years.  I call it the black whole because I have never felt so hopeless in my life, in fact I never knew that you could feel so out of yourself in despair.  I could really understand how people would want to take their own life because it makes you feel that bad.  I could be in a room full of people who were living life and I felt like I was there but no one could really see me and I felt as though I was somehow separated by this terrible feeling that I could not explain other than I felt so sad and scared all the time.  I would see people normal as could be laughing and having a good time and I felt like I was dying.  I would never wish this on my worst enemy.  But, God brought me through this battle.  I had to take some medicine for a while to get my hormones back in balance but the most important lesson I learned from this terrible time in my life was this.  I could hear God saying to me, Belinda do you trust me with everything in your life?  For so long I struggled with this.  I realized I was not in control and He is.  Anything can happen to us at anytime, but God takes care of us.  I finally had to make a decision to give it all to God or continue to let the enemy try to destroy me.  I know who I belong to and it is not Satan.  God is my Father and I know He loves you and me and there is nothing we cannot get through when we say, Yes Lord!  Girlfriend's times will come in your life and I pray you know that God will see you through and that you will have friends around to remind you of His love.

Yes, I left Hopelessville and moved on down the road to smileyville, May your day be filled with all that is good!  Until next time remember you are not alone! 
                                                 Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment